Student Life Center
Second Floor of the Ridgway University Center
Cindy Betz, MSW, LCSW
3672A Arsenal Street
St. Louis, MO 63116
LGBTQ-friendly counseling option
Skype and phone sessions available
Gay & Lesbian National Hotline
Telephone support for LGBT individuals:
Mon–Fri: 4 PM – 12 AM EST
Sat: 12 PM – 5 PM EST
- Tri-State Alliance - Social service organization for the LGBT community of Southwestern Indiana, Northwestern Kentucky, and Southern Illinois.
- Aids Resource Group of Evansville - information, healthcare and social support for HIV positive individuals and their families and friends.
- Matthew 25 - Matthew 25 AIDS Services. ... to provide you with high quality services for treatment of your HIV infection and for support of you as a person.
- Indiana Equality - "Join Indiana Equality in the struggle to ensure equality for all Hoosiers—equality in both home and the workplace—and to protect the freedom of relationships for all!"
- Kentucky Fairness Alliance - The Kentucky Fairness Alliance seeks to advance equality for LGBT people through leadership development, public education and by encouraging participation in the democratic process. We work in Kentucky's cities and rural areas to develop leaders and local chapters that plan and implement strategies for change in their own communities, making us an organization that is building a fair Kentucky from the ground up.
Additional National Organizations
- Gay, Lesbian and Straight Education Network [GLSEN]
- Parents, Families and Friends of Lesbians and Gays [PFLAG]
- OutProud - LGBT Youth
- PFLAG T-Net - Transgendered Youth
- Lambda Legal - Civil Rights & Public Policy
- Human Rights Campaign - Working for gay, lesbian, bi-sexual and transgender equal rights.
- PublicHealth.org - Resources include information on mental health, sexual abuse, HIV/AIDS, and more.
- Accredited schools online - Information for LGBTQ teens and college students, including scholarships.
- Affordable colleges online - Information for LGBTQ college students, including campus safe spaces, inclusive curriculum, student organizations, and online learning.
- Online Colleges - For prospective students: how to choose an LGBTQ-friendly campus
- GoGrad - Graduate school scholarships
- How to deal with Cyber Bullying